Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gearing Up

Well, I'm gearing up for the next convention. This one will be the Dallas Sci-Fi Expo. I'm hugely excited about the theme of this particular convention - The Woman of Sci-Fi.

Being a female fan of the genre, I can't help t but be excite by this! There have been some amazing female characters and it's great to see a con specifically about them.

Some of my personal female characters are :

Babylon 5: Delenn and Ivonova.
Battlestar Galacica (Tos): Cassieopia
BattleStar Galactic (TnS): Roslin
Star Trek TNG: Beverly Crusher
Firefly: Zoe

I especially enjoy thinking about the gender roles on the Original Battlestar Galactica. I know it's dated and has 70's era gender issues, but I thought the ladies had a lot of potential and it was a shame the stereotypes of the era and the studios cowardice sorta killed their development. 

I started  a sketch of the ToS Battlestar ladies. Still debating if I want to finish it. I'm not at this time planning on introducing any new prints at this convention. 




No comments:

Post a Comment